Saturday, July 14, 2012

Prince :)

So, the #1 thing you should know about me is that I am a huge Prince fan!! Today was the best day of my life.. I finally got a picture with his star at First Avenue in Minneapolis, MN:)


My mom was obsessed with Prince. My childhood consisted of her idolizing Prince and listening to every single song he ever wrote and learning the lyrics to all of them at a very early age. So you can about assume why I also love him so much. My mom died May 14th, 2008 from cervical cancer, and I like to believe that every time a Prince song pops up while listening to the radio or on my iPod, that she is with me at that moment shaking her ass up in Heaven and singing along with me :) 

All my friends tell me that my obsession for Prince is unhealthy and that my music choices are "LAME" but then again, what do they know? :) Sorry that I don't like all the recent songs that get overplayed.. I personally enjoy the classics and most oldies.  Prince offers a huge variety and styles of music. Which is what made him to be a musical genius! (Thats just what I think, anyways)

My first thing on my bucket list is to meet or at least see Prince. Whether it be in concert or just me taking a peak into his recording studio in Minnetonka, MN. (and yes, I have had several dreams of both scenarios) When I'm typing out my feelings for him, I'm realizing that it may sound a bit obsessive, but then again, whats wrong with loving something so much? It definitely keeps life interesting.

Quick!
Here are a few of my favorite songs by him for you all to check out and listen to if you haven't already:

1. Purple Rain
2. Darling Nikki
3. Diamonds & Pearls
4. Take Me With You
5. Cream
6. When Doves Cry
7. 1999
8. Let's Go Crazy
9. I Would Die 4 U
And many more.... Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment